Sometimes life can be so hectic and overwhelming. We get so involved in planning and checking off goals that the WHY of why we do it all anyway can get drowned out. That is why it is so important to CHOOSE JOY.
CHOOSING JOY AND MAKING YOUR WHY A PRIORITY
In today’s episode, Wendy and Curtis will be sharing about their week at the FI Chautauqua
in Portugal and how being in the quiet of such a beautiful country surrounded by like-minded fellow-FIers helped them come to some hard decisions.
Chautauqua also allowed Wendy and Curtis to look back and see how far they have come in the 365-ish days since the last FI Chautauqua in Greece
ONE YEAR’S PROGRESS – WOWZERS!
In this past year, they have made some pretty out-of the box moves
and well as some HUGE progress on their financial goals.
- They have paid off all their consumer debt. YES!
- They have cut their expenses by about $6500.00 A MONTH. A MONTH! You read that right.
- Wendy was able to close her law practice.
- Curtis and Wendy are able to support their 8 family household on one income for the first time in their lives.
- They are also under contract on four investment properties which will add another $1,100.00 of cash flow into their monthly budget.
- And finally, Curt and Wendy have increased the amount of Curt’s contributions to his 403b and his 457. They are committed to increasing his contributions quarterly until both accounts are maxed out.
COMMUNITY IS CRITICAL TO YOUR FIRE JOURNEY
What a difference one year makes. The difference is COMMUNITY.
It has been widely quoted that you are a compilation of the five people you surround yourself with. YOU are this community and together we can all make a difference in each others lives.
WE HAVE SOME NEWS…
Lastly, Curt and Wendy share a major change for House of FI. We encourage you to listen to this episode and find out how you can stay informed about the future of the House of FI Podcast. There are several ways you can stay connected with Curtis and Wendy. 1. Join the House of FI Private Facebook Group
2. Join the House of FI newsletter